Indoor Hot Tubs: 4 Electrical Upgrades Ideal For The Relaxing Area

Posted on: 17 June 2016

Adding an indoor spa to your home is a great way to relax and wind down after a long day. The larger sizes of an indoor spa allow you to share the space with family and friends. When you are setting up an indoor spa area, it's important to consider the different electrical needs around the location. By hiring an electrician you upgrade the space to properly accommodate your spa and some of the extras that you want to use along with it.
[Read More]

Beware Of Old Wiring: Understanding Knob And Tube Wiring

Posted on: 9 February 2016

Nearly everyone knows that old wiring poses a safety risk to their home and family. It gets blamed for everything from flickering lights to a mysterious fire that starts in the night. What you might not know is exactly what the term old wiring really means and why is poses a risk to your safety. What Is Old Wiring? Homes built before the 1950s typically contain old wiring. The term is generally used to describe knob and tube wiring.
[Read More]

How To Permanently And Neatly Repair Low-Voltage Wiring That Has Been Damaged By Animal Chewing

Posted on: 1 October 2015

Low voltage electrical wiring is common in many homes; it is often seen in use with electric garage door opener sensors, fire and burglar alarms, and interior and exterior accent lighting. Unfortunately, low voltage wiring is vulnerable to damage caused by pets or other animals that like to chew on exposed wires. Since low voltage wiring contains current levels that are imperceptible to animals, there is no pain deterrent to stop the chewing, and the result is a damaged or severed section of wire.
[Read More]

Is Your Home's Electrical System Safe?

Posted on: 22 September 2015

If you live in a new home, then everything had to be inspected and signed off on before you moved in, including the electrical system. However, if you live in an older home, particularly one you've been living in for awhile, than problems could be lurking in the walls. Electrical problems are not something that you should leave unresolved-- they can cause fires and destroy your expensive electronics. Outlets That Aren't Grounded
[Read More]